Consequently, I've decided to start making my own weather predictions for our family. This will involve a lot of observation and study on my part each morning as I prepare for the day ahead. In order to accomplish this, I plan to physically exit my home and use most of my senses to determine the weather pattern for the day:
- Feel - Is it muggy as usual? Hot or cool?
- Smell - How dense is the horse manure scent from next door? Can I detect any floral scents in the spring? Any smoke from forest fires in the summer?
- Sound - Can I hear wind, rain or lightning?
- See - Is it cloudy? overcast? sunny?
- Taste - I don't foresee any need to taste anything in my weather observations, so this sense will likely remain unused in my morning study.